Cockatiel Cove
Welcome to The Cockatiel Cove!Smile
Are you member? Do you want to ask a question,post pictures of your tiels discover facts about them? Something else?
Login!

Not a member?Interested in getting a tiel? Own one?Love them?Need to know more?
Join our community today!

Cockatiel Cove

These sweet little guys deserve their own forum! Don't you think? Join our community of cockatiel lovers, owners, enthusiasts, experts, breeders and exhibitors!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  New PostsNew Posts  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Support Us!Support Us!  Log inLog in  
Donate to us!
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» I'm new!
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:51 pm by Lexi

» Hi I am new to this site .
Tue May 06, 2014 5:32 pm by kiesters

»  A Wholesome Cockatiel Diet
Tue May 06, 2014 5:30 pm by kiesters

» how can I tame a nasty bird?
Tue May 06, 2014 5:10 pm by kiesters

» Signs of an ill bird.
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:38 pm by BrendaDup

» A guide for new members
Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Lexi

» So..how's everyone been?
Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:36 pm by Lexi

» what should i do?
Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:29 pm by Lexi

» New to the site and excited!
Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 pm by Lexi

Affiliates
free forum

Budgie Forum

Share | 

How long did it take you to tame your tiel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How long did it take you to get your tiel?
One day or less
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
Three days or less
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
One week
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Three weeks
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
A month
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Three months
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Over three months
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
~Drini~
Admin
Admin

Name : Ujana
Female Posts : 195
Activity Points : 276

PostSubject: How long did it take you to tame your tiel?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:21 am

I just wanted to see how long it took everyone to FULLY tame their tiel.Laughing I think it would be great to find out the average time! So how long did it take? Do you have any funny stories that happened in the proccess? Post here!

Admin
Admin

Name : Lexi
Female Posts : 279
Activity Points : 448

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take you to tame your tiel?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 am

Yep,I'd like to know too!Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.superiorart.bigboardlive.com
Cinnyluver
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 210
Activity Points : 236

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take you to tame your tiel?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 am

Depends on which tiel! I got Cinny as a biting screaming super scared youngster. He HATED me. A few weeks later I got his wings clipped and all of the sudden everything changed. He trusted me more than ever after a few days of working with him I felt so bonded to him. But our bond wasn't complete until one day, Cinny bowed his head down while I was writing and pressed it against my finger. At first I didn't know what he was doing. This was the first time I had seen a cockatiel ask for scritches. It was so sweet!

Sugar was my next tiel. I got her as a 1 year old breeder. So she wasn't tame at all. I didn't ever really make an effort to tame her. In fact, I wouldn't label her as tame even now. She trusts me so much, but she not, tame. Hope that makes sense. Now she'll fly to me while I'm reading or typing. She loves sitting on my head or on my shoulder. Sometimes she'll step up if she's in a good mood and lately she's started letting me give her scritches. Smile

Pearl was tame from day one 1. He's Cinny and Sugar's baby so I raised him from and egg and ever since I was old enough, I would get him out and play with him so he never really wasn't tame. Although now he's just SUPER grumpy and doesn't like to be held or pet anymore unless he invites himself. But I guess he is still tame in a way.

I got Faith from a free flight home. So she had plenty of interaction with people before I got her, but wasn't really a loved pet in her previous home (they never even named her Sad ) But from day one she let me and my family hold her and pet her, she was just a little unsure about it.

All my birds are full flighted now so if they're tame, it depends on how you think of tame. They all have the freedom to fly away from me if they choose, and sometimes they choose to and sometimes they choose not too. So I wouldn't usually describe any of them as tame, more like I'm part of their flock and they trust me. Smile

Admin
Admin

Name : Ujana
Female Posts : 195
Activity Points : 276

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take you to tame your tiel?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Wow! They are an interesting group aren't they.Laughing At least they trust you.

Shakes was handfed, so he was the sweetes thing ever. I'm letting his wings grow...although he never even uses them.:LOL: At the petstore he was called Clumsy and he really lived up to it.

Admin
Admin

Name : Lexi
Female Posts : 279
Activity Points : 448

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take you to tame your tiel?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Cool story Ana!Clumsy.... lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.superiorart.bigboardlive.com
Cinnyluver
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 210
Activity Points : 236

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take you to tame your tiel?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks!

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take you to tame your tiel?   

Back to top Go down

How long did it take you to tame your tiel?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1